Wednesday, March 22, 2023

The King's Scepter

No visit to Memphis is complete without going to Sun Studios, where many of the greats recorded their music. I got to stand on the spot where Elvis stood and get a picture holding his microphone. It was amazing! His guitar is also on display in another room. As in Texas, it also helps if you have chosen family in Tennessee. (As of a couple years ago, I even have biological family in Tennessee!)

The King's Scepter
Acrylic, Stencil, Sharpie and Marker on Canvas
2012

For my third painting in my class, I chose Elvis' guitar. The designs in the leather on it fascinated me, in addition to the giraffe print on his guitar case.

The painting was modeled after this picture that I took in December 2009 at Sun Studios:


Some random guy who has lost weight
since this picture was taken
with Elvis' mic, December 2009
That is, the picture is said guy with the mic.
The picture was not taken with a mic.
Thought I'd clarify.



No comments:

Post a Comment